With Winter Semester starting to kick into gear, finding ways to avoid work becomes a daunting task. Okay, that’s a lie. Procrastinating is second nature, like breathing. But at least if we are going to procrastinate, we are going to do it right.
Top 10 Ways to Procrastinate:
10. Food: Yes, our always-stocked pantries at our sorority houses are great. But nothing is better than getting some Pizza House cheesy bread sent right to our door step. But beware, attempting to eat cheesy bread in the house is almost as difficult as studying in the house. We know everyone is going to want a bite. Our advice, take turns ordering your “study break” food with your roomies. But lets be real, it’s not that we are actually hungry, it’s that we really don’t want to start that Comm 211 project.
9. TV: Revenge, AKA our new favorite show, is a great excuse for not doing our work. Joshua Bowman - you are a hottie and we appreciate it. Whether we are living in the house, the dorms, or an apartment, we find it imperative to work this show into our weekly procrastinating schedule.
8. Nails: Lets face it, the one thing Ann Arbor is missing is a good nail salon. Which gives us all the more reason to spend a copious amount of time filing, cutting, and painting our nails. With this dreary weather we highly suggest getting investing in a nice, dark, reddish-brown OPI color to get that wintery look. And ladies, the bright red nail polish would work if we still lived in Florida, but this is Michigan and our fingers will look Casper-pale if we try to pull that off.
7. Online Shopping: We obviously can’t be Facebook stalking in the library (1. because we never know who is looking over our shoulder - PLL status - and 2. do we really want to be that girl?) but, online shopping is fair game. Plus we definitely need more sorority gear and a nice pair of boots would be nice too. Thank the Lord for credit cards.
6. Men: Okay, boys have been coming up in a lot of our past posts, but come on - the lack of decent boys makes us that much more boy crazy. But we have a slight edit. Boys were so freshman year (and for those of us who are freshman, it’s second semester, time to upgrade). We are now on the prowl for men. This is not to say that our sophomore boy-toys are useless, we need to keep them around for self esteem pick-me-ups. All we are suggesting is broadening our horizons and keeping an eye out for the more mature men roaming our campus. Although sifting out the overly exuberant frat stars and the douchy athletes can seem impossible, we are feeling optimistic that there has to be a keeper somewhere amongst that mix. (Warning: GDIs don’t even remotely apply here. Stay away. That’s just embarrassing.)
5. We are the We: Kidding. Kinda… But admit it, you love us. And, yes, we know who you are and we have seen that a handful of you are trying to figure out who writes your new favorite blog posts and tweets. Just remember, we are the WE. For all you know, theres a bunch of us. We would give up, we’re obviously anonymous and cryptic for a reason. But don’t stop reading, that’d be ridiculous.
4. Food: We know we already mentioned this, but it honestly deserves two spots. Seriously, eating is one of the best distractions. Thank you No Thai and your Drunken Noodles for satisfying our high munchies.
3. Weed (Optional): For those of us who smoke, which we know that not all of us partake in such activities, nothing compares to the procrastination of smoking. It doesn’t make the cut for our No. 1 spot because we know that we do not universally enjoy weed. But, for those of us who do smoke, it seriously combines all previous procrastinations into one giant form of procrastination. So hit up our favorite SAE, Theta Chi, or ZBT frat boys (these are just the frats that immediately came to mind, but lets be real, what frat doesn’t smoke?) and partake in a nice bong circle. Just try not to pass out on the couch, never a classy move.
2. Study Groups: Come on, we know that we are just going to talk and gossip and vent and not actually get anything done. But at least we can pretend that we aren’t complete procrastinators…
1. Naps: If we reaaally don’t want to get anything done, taking a nice mid-afternoon nap will prevent having to do work for approximately three hours. Plus, it leaves us refreshed for our night activities.
"Procrastinators of today unite tomorrow!"
WE love Michigan
- wearethewemichigan posted this